Why black bars are showing on videos uploaded on YouTube and my website?
The GemLightbox App is configured so that your videos are automatically captured in a perfect square (1:1 aspect ratio) video. This makes it perfect when uploading it to e-commerce platforms or social media platforms for the following reasons:
- All e-commerce and social media platforms (including Facebook and Instagram) use square videos to correctly display images and videos.
- A landscape video would look something like this. (too much empty space everywhere)
- The standard for ALL product images and videos use online are square.
- Movies are shot in landscape - not product photos or videos.
- YouTube actually uses a dynamic video player which means that your video should display without black bars if uploaded correctly.
If you find that you still have black bars displaying it might mean be a Youtube setting that you need to change. You can contact Youtube support here.
If you have questions, please contact us on live chat or submit a ticket here. We are always happy to help you!