To import your products file into the Hub dashboard, follow the steps below
Get a Sample File
You can download and view a sample product file to use as a template by clicking here.
Product File Format
The first line of your product file must not contain any column headers or titles, the file should start directly with the product details.
The lines or records in the file must contain data for your product using the same columns in that same exact order starting with: SKU, Title, Description, Price, Product Type, Quantity. If you have additional columns with product details, make sure they come after the initial 6 mandatory columns and you can create custom attributes for the additional columns during the import process.
SKU is the only mandatory field; not providing other columns with attribute titles during the import process will result in those fields being empty.
The existing product types are: Bracelet, Brooch, Diamonds, Earrings, Gemstone, Necklace, Rings, Watch. Product types are case sensitive and must be written the same exact way to be imported. If your file contains product types which are not one of the eight pre-existing product types, the products will not be imported.
- Prepare your file according to the product file format requirements above
- Drag and drop your prepared file or upload from your PC by pressing “Browse”
- First, drag and drop the mandatory SKU attribute into the first column.
- Then drag and drop the other optional attributes of Title, Description, Price, Product Type and Quantity if your products have such details.
- If an attribute for one of your columns does not exist, click “Create Attribute” to create custom attribute headings.
- Create a text, numerical or dropdown attribute by giving that attribute a title or column heading, mark if it’s a required attribute or not required.
- Then drag and drop it to the appropriate column.
- Once you have placed attribute titles to the columns which you would like to import, press the “Import Now” button.
- If some of your products didn’t pass validation, open each error field to identify the mistake.
- If your products successfully pass validation, you will see a success message and by pressing “Create Products” you will initiate the import process.
- Once the import process has been completed, your imported products will be displayed in the products section of the GemLightBox Hub dashboard.