Silver pieces of jewelry is a bit more tricky to capture photos and videos with since it is shooting white against white. That being said, we need to adjust the settings until you get the configuration to capture a good photo of your silver jewelry. As a start, you can try the following steps below:
- Check and install any updates both for your smartphone and the GemLightbox app.
- For the GemLightbox app: Go to Play Store or App Store > search GemLightbox app > Install update.
- For your smartphone: Go to Settings > Software Update > install update.
- On the GemLightbox app settings, toggle on the enable white balance setting button.
- Then, turn off both Daylight and Sparkles lighting options.
- When you are using the zoom, use it moderately (about 2x zoom) into your images. If you zoom in 4x or more you'll start to see the image quality degrade rapidly.
- Before capturing photos or videos, adjust the white balance on the app accordingly by moving the slider left or right.
We are also excited to share with you our GemLightbox Eclipse. It allows you to capture videos and images of your silver pieces of jewelry on a beautiful black background!
The GemLightbox Turntable will be required to operate GemLightbox Eclipse.
If you have questions, please contact us on live chat or submit a ticket here. We are always happy to help you!