The quality of the image is directly related to the quality of the lens, the sensitivity to light in the camera, the technology behind the sensor, and the ability to focus quickly. Therefore, the better the camera technology, the better the end result.
While smartphone cameras continue to improve every year, it doesn't necessarily mean that you need to upgrade your phone every time a new model is released. There are other tips & tricks you can use to improve the quality of your images including:
1. Cleaning the camera lens before recording to ensure maximum clarity (any microfibre cleaning cloth will do the trick). A dirty camera lens will make your images appear blurry and distorted.
2. Cleaning and handling your jewelry with gloves. Fingerprint marks left on jewelry may appear as blurry spots and will require editing to remove them.
3. Enable the save photos in max resolution on the GemLightbox app's setting.
4. When you are using the zoom, use it moderately (about 2x zoom) into your images. If you zoom in 4x or more you'll start to see the image quality degrade rapidly.
5. Position the piece of jewelry closer to the front of the GemLightbox and move your smartphone as close as possible to minimize the use of digital zoom.
If you have questions, please contact us on live chat or submit a ticket here. We are always happy to help you!